What is Stephen Ministry?....
Our congregation's Stephen Ministry equips lay people to provide confidential, one-to-one Christian care to individuals who are experiencing difficulties in their lives.
A Stephen Minister is....
- A child of God who walks beside a person who is hurting
- A congregation member with gifts for caregiving, who was carefully selected to serve in this role
- A lay person who has received 50 hours of training in providing emotional and spiritual care
- A caring, Christian friend who listens, cares, prays, supports, and encourages
- Someone who will "be there" for his or her care receiver, meeting faithfully for as long as there's a need
- Is committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship
- Someone who is willing to serve for at least two years
- Someone who receives continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service
"Bear one another's burdens, and in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ." Galatians 6:2
There are times when....each of us needs the care of another person, a Christian friend, a STEPHEN MINISTER! These needs include but are not limited to...
- a terminal illness
- loneliness or discouragement
- unemployment or a job crisis
- chronic illness
- divorce or separation
- spiritual crises
- birth, adoption, miscarriage, or infertility
- recovery from an accident
- and many more
Stephen Ministry is a confidential ministry: those receiving care can be sure that their identity and what goes on in the caring relationship will remain private. "Love one another as I have loved you." John 13:34
Stephen Ministry enhances our outreach by....
- Creating a "caring ministry explosion" where many instead of a few are offering God's love and care in a distinctively Christian way.
- Enabling our entire congregation to grow as a warm, loving, nurturing community where people are cherished and cared for in Jesus Christ.
- Identifying our congregation to our community as a place where people's needs are taken seriously.
"Encourage one another and build one another up." 1 Thessalonians 5:11
If you would like to know more information on this ministry. Please feel free to contact one of our pastors,
.Christ Caring for People Through People